I’m not a follower of Rick Warren. I read The Purpose Driven Life a few years ago and it bored me. It’s just not my bag. But I see him popping up a bit more in some very strange places for a pastor. With the upcoming release of his latest work of “proof texting” entitled, The Hope You Need scheduled to take place just in time for “christmas shopping” I thought it would be a good idea to take a look at what this man really stands for. So before we all flock to our nearest and dearest book store for that hot copy, or that nice extra stocking stuffer, before we begin setting up life groups and bible studies based on more delusions, let’s have a reminder of who he is exactly.
Why would a man who claims to represent Christ and be a shepherd to His people compare the followers of Christ to the followers of the likes of Hitler, Stalin and Mao? Why so impressed? Could it be that at the very bottom of Rick Warren’s purpose driven heart, lies the same kind of evil, behind-the-scenes plotting?
“Whatever It Takes!” is not how God has us carry out His plan! But, to those not willing to discern or see the truth, it looks good, it sounds good, it’s fun and it’s always a good thing to be a part of a good cause, right? So, let’s just stamp the name of “jesus” (or would that be “Isa”) on it and go forward!
The man known as America’s Favorite Pastor has quite an involvement in government and world affairs. I always get suspicious when pastors start to play around in the political arena. It looks like America’s fav is well beyond most. And I am sure there are some green-eyed monsters rising up out of the pool of domionists, because this man seems to have risen far above all of them in his accomplishments in the dominionistic attempts to take the world for Christ before His return!
Let’s look at some of Rick’s achievements
- His P.E.A.C.E Plan looks a lot like the UN Plan – Warren’s PEACE Plan and the UN Millennial Goals
The United Nations’ Millennium Development Goals
1. Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger
2. Achieve universal primary education
3. Promote gender equality and empower women
4. Reduce child mortality
5. Improve maternal health
6. Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases
7. Ensure environmental sustainability
8. Develop a global partnership for development
“By the year 2015, all 191 United Nations Member States have pledged to meet these goals. Keep the Promise – 2015″
Warren’s P.E.A.C.E. Plan
1. Plant Churches
2. Equip Servant Leaders
3. Assist the Poor
4. Care for the Sick
5. Educate the Next Generation
If you go to the link above at the bullet you will see the chart comparison that show the similarities in these two plans. Notice, Warren’s original step #1 Plant Churches, has been changed to Promote Reconciliation. Hmmm, maybe it’s me, but I am thinking this is not the same as the original plan and hmm..it kinda takes God right out of the picture, doesn’t it?
The article, taken from Kjos Ministries has excellent information and is worth your time to look over.
- Rick Warren has joined the advisory council for Tony Blair’s Faith Foundation as The Reverend Dr Rick Warren, Founding and Senior Pastor of Saddleback Church and Founder of the P.E.A.C.E Coalition – The Council is composed of individuals from each of the six faiths with which the Foundation initially intends to work. The members are either religious leaders or significant scholars. They will often be nationally or internationally known but the most important thing is the expertise and wisdom each can bring to bear from his or her individual experience.
It will be a place where members of the three Abrahamic faiths can meet on equal terms, encounter their traditions, and explore their roots; a place where they can both discover what they share and tackle their differences.
Jesus never associated with rulers or representatives of other religions. He did not believe in or support the idea that we should “coexist” much less function as one especially with groups responsible for killing His own.
- Rick Warren is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations as reported a few years ago to Joseph Farah, World Net Daily
Does this appeal to you? A one world socialist government and all that entails, monetary system, population control, one world religion and it will not be Christianity – think – Rockefeller “Illuminati”, very bad news indeed, and no place for a man representing the Most High God, much less teaching His people!
- Rick Warren leads public prayers that seem like salvation prayers. They are not. They are watered down, people pleasing words having nothing to do with sin, confession and repentance. Remember the words of John the Baptist – “REPENT!”
- Rick Warren set up the presidential debate between Barack Obama and John McCain at his Saddleback Church. I can’t think of a better reason for this than Warren’s own exposure.
- Rick Warren Accolades – global strategist, theologian, philanthropist – from his site
- Rick Warren prays to “Isa”, or “in the name of ‘Isa’” at Obama inauguration.
- Rick Warren is an encourager of the Muslim faith as his many choices and chats prove this true. Read Paul Proctor’s article – Rick Warren: From Tolerance to Respect
This is only an overview and a reminder as there is much more information than I can put in an article. Please do your own research and find the truth if you have put your faith in Rick Warren as a pastor and man of God. He may have started out right, but somehow, he has ended up on the wrong path.
Is this the man you will follow and consider a shepherd?
We are in the world, not of the world. There will be no peace until Jesus Christ comes back to earth and sets up His kingdom. Until that time the kingdom of God is one of spirit.
1 John 2:15-17 Do not love the world or the things in the world. if anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world – the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life – is not of the Father but is of the world. 17 And this world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.