FOR YOU LADIES:
“For this reason a MAN shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall BECOME ONE FLESH” Eph. 5:31
1. You cannot divided the number one – - 1 divided by 1 = 1
2. Ever wonder why it wasn’t until Adam ate the fruit that both their eyes were opened? It’s because they were ONE, eve ate first but until Adam ate they could not have been plunged into spiritual darkness. The process was not complete until Adam ate. And, Adam knowingly, ate, knowing he was disobeying God.
3. Eve was not trying to liberate herself from her husband! If that were so, she would have never gave the fruit to her husband.
4. This is the most important part: Submission is a two way street in marriage, both are to submit to God, period. Both submit to each other, in different ways of course, but in reality, there is more of a submission role for the husband to the wife outlined in Ephesians 5 than there is for the wife to the husband. At the end of the day, they are still ONE.
- Husbands are to love their wives as he does his own body.
- If Husbands don’t love their wives, they don’t love themselves.
- Husbands are to nourish and cherish his wife.
- Husbands are to be “joined” to his wife. Joined in the Greek means to be glued, or cemented together.
- Husbands are to love their wives AS CHRIST LOVES THE CHURCH and gave Himself for it.
I could go places with this but I don’t think the guy’s could endure it. So ladies, next time some preacher or your husband himself says you must submit…all you have to do is point out these five points and remind him he has a GREATER role of submission. Hope this helps. God bless!